Tuesday, September 9, 2008

3rd day clinic

So today for my 1st pt I had a 1A. It was a very good experience because he was a great pt. He worked really hard to stay open when I needed, and we only struggled w/ the x-rays using the size 2 film because he is only 11 yrs old. I really studied hard to be able to pass off the air poweder polish pe, but he only needed a touch up sealant on the lingual of #3, and so it felt like overkill to pull out all of that equipment just for that 1 spot. He had a hard time staying dry, but it turned out great in the end.

My second pt was spanish speaking which always proves to be a challange for me when I really can't speak spanish at all, so it slows things down quite a bit to be able to talk with the pt to portray what you need them to understand. She had a hard time with the x-rays so it helped to use the edgies and to set up the x-ray shot before placing the film, which I try to do anyway and end up changing it. She ended up being a class 2 pt which is good, but not a good candidate for the board and prof alexander said she is going to be very difficult to get the calc off. Lucky me! At first I thought it wouldn't be a good idea for an exam, but perhaps by then I might feel a little more able to scale properly and it might work out really well!

Gottsta go,
Chic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!